Upstream Cohorts are designed to help groups of missions leaders develop a deeper sending church mentality. The Cohorts consist of teaching from the cohort leader, group discussion, readings, and projects. All these elements are designed to help you as the missions leader gain relationships with other missions leaders that you can continue to connect with beyond the cohort for sharing of resources, collaboration, and encouragement. As well, to equip you with practical tools that will help you lead your church towards greater sending capacity to the nations in whatever stage your church is in.
Each cohort consists of:
An initial on-site conference for the purpose of training, collaboration, and fellowship.
Four monthly group coaching calls.
Four monthly individual coaching calls.
We offer 3 cohorts:
Foundations Missions Leader Cohort - The Foundations Cohort will focus on the Establishing Phase of the Sending Church Elements. In this cohort we will help missions leaders develop their Missions Convictions, Missions Vision & Strategy, tweak or overhaul their Missions Budget, and begin to explore the Sending Pipeline.
Advanced Missions Leader Cohort - The Advanced Cohort will build upon the Foundations Cohort and explore the Sending Church Elements of Developing & Engaging. This cohort will help missions leaders develop an Assessment and Development process for future Sent Ones, as well as developing a strong Missionary Care process.
Specialized Cohorts - These cohorts will take a deep dive into topics introduced in Foundations and Advanced Cohorts. These topics include: Missionary Care, Assessing & Developing Sent Ones, Short-term trips, Multi-site Missions Leading, Local Missions, and much more.
*Due to COVID-19 and restricted travel most of our 2021 cohorts will be through video conference calls and the prices will be reduced.
Contact Us for more information.
- June - August 2021OnlineJune - August 2021Online“Developing Healthy Global Partnerships” will be led by Larry McCrary. Larry and his wife Susan live in Europe and work extensively with mission organizations and national partners all over the world. During this cohort you will create a grid for developing healthy partnerships.
- June - Aug 2021Online EventJune - Aug 2021Online EventWe need to send people overseas to bring the Gospel, but with the nations at our doorstep, what can we do to reach them. This cohort will help missions leaders learn strategies for starting an international or refugee ministry in their city, and engaging church members in this opportunity.
- June - August 2021Online EventJune - August 2021Online EventThe Foundations Cohort is designed to help missions leaders define the spectrum of their job; build a healthy sending strategy, and provide peers to collaborate with and learn from into the future. This cohort will walk through the Establishing and Developing phases of the Elements.
- Sept - Nov 2021OnlineSept - Nov 2021OnlineThis cohort will focus on the You will study the and will focus on the Developing, Engaging & Multiplying Phases of the Sending Church Elements. This will lead your church into deeper development of the sending pipeline, finding key partnerships, refining your vision, and missionary care.
- Sept - Nov 2021Online
- Sept - Nov 2021OnlineSept - Nov 2021OnlineThe work of the sending church does not end at the Commissioning ceremony of a Sent One. It really is just the beginning. This specialized cohort will focus doing both proactive and reactive missionary care so that those who are Sent Ones stay connected to their local church and are shepherded well
- Sept - Nov 2021OnlineSept - Nov 2021OnlineShort-term trips can be an incredible piece of the long-term vision of an overseas partnership when done rightly. When poorly executed they can be harmful for the field, the goer, the nationals and the church. This cohort will focus on principles for sending great short-term trips.
- Sept - Nov 2021Sojourn Church MidtownSept - Nov 2021Sojourn Church Midtown, 1207 S Shelby St, Louisville, KY 40203, USAMultisite can be a confusing world to lead in. Join us this September for a missions leadership cohort designed specifically for those in multisite churches. We will tackle the opportunities and challenges of leading in the multisite polity and then chart a better way forward.